Saturday, December 10, 2005

STAIR STUDY PART ONE

It's been a while since my last post, and it was only last night that I saw two large cats lurking around in the vicinity of my quarters, but they took off when they saw me. So, for now, no more cat stories.

For several days now, I have been mulling over my research strategy for counting the stairs in the St. James Convent. The study has to employ mixed methods, both quantitative and qualitative, the former to express the numbers of stairs that exist here ("lots" just doesn't do it), and the latter to express one's physical reaction to going up and down, up and down ("huffing and puffing" just doesn't say it).

So, there will have to be a problem statement, research questions, a literature review, and some expansion on the methods, and, of course, findings and a conclusion. I am envisioning bar graphs, pie charts, and maybe an evidential picture or two.

If this topic interests you, or not, tune in for more soon. I'm off with my notebook and pencil to collect the data.

:-)

I'm back!...Here are my first field notes (gathered on 11 December 2005). Ironically, every time I start to count, someone meets me and says hello. I lose count and have to start over. So tune in later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home