Tuesday, June 13, 2006

ANOTHER HONOR

I'm glad to say that I have received a Summer Research Grant Fellowship, which will enable me to work on develop my doctoral dissertation proposal on The Armenian Patriarchate of Jerusalem: Institutionalizing Cultural Patrimony. This consists of 1) a statement of purpose; 2) literature review; 3) methodology. I expect this will be about 100 pages. I hope to defend the proposal by the end of September 2006. If the defense is successful, then I can concentrate on writing the dissertation. Hopefully, I will finish and complete the doctorate by next Spring 2007.

Meanwhile, I am gradually going through the numerous boxes of documentation, and putting it in order, to facilitate the writing. I am also doing some research on my namesake, Carmen Sylva, otherwise known as Elizabeth I, Queen of Rumania (1843-1916), a woman very much admired by her subjects, and by my father, who wrote an essay about her. Here are a couple of her quotes: "Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." "Ignorance always puts itself at the head of the line in order to be seen; Intelligence stands back to watch."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home